QUALIFYING NOTES: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
8th: RINUS VEEKAY 01:10.3100 (124.881 mph)
10th: CONOR DALY 01:10.5135 (124.521 mph)
TRACK: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
LOCATION: Lexington, Ohio, USA
TRACK LAYOUT: 2.258-mile, 13-turn road course
RACE LENGTH: 80 laps / 180.64 miles
BROADCAST: Sunday – 12:30 p.m. ET, NBC
CONOR DALY, NO. 20 BITNILE CHEVROLET
CONOR DALY, No. 20 BitNile Chevrolet, Qualified 10th: “Topping the first round against (Will) Power and (Josef) Newgarden is something we can really be happy about. We’ll see what happens tomorrow, we are in a decent spot. When you start in the Top 10, you can move your way forward and hopefully end up with a podium.”
• Conor Daly easily advanced to the second round of qualifying this afternoon, setting the quickest lap of Round 1, Group 1. In the second round, he turned the 10th fastest lap which will translate into his starting position in tomorrow’s Gallagher Grand Prix. It will be Daly’s 4th Top 10 start in a row on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course.
• IMS is truly Daly’s home track as he was born and raised in nearby Noblesville, Ind. When the NTT INDYCAR SERIES raced on the IMS road course mid-May, Daly had his most successful weekend with ECR to date. For the second year in a row, he advanced to the Firestone Fast 6 of the GMR Grand Prix. He started 4th, and after battling both wet and dry track conditions, he earned his first Top 5 finish of the season with a 5th place.
• BitNile Holdings, Inc. is the primary partner of the No. 20 Chevrolet as part of a multi-year deal. BitNile is a diversified holding company that specializes in disruptive technologies, including cryptocurrency and innovations in the field of Decentralized Finance (“DeFi”). They focus on large-scale crypto mining with energy efficient, powerful operations located in North America and operate their own high-density data center. BitNile invests in technology platforms that provide crypto holders a vehicle to earn interest on their crypto assets.
RINUS VEEKAY, NO. 21 BITCOIN RACING TEAM POWERD BY BITNILE CHEVROLET
RINUS VEEKAY, No. 21 Bitcoin Racing Team Powered By BitNile, Qualified 8th: “I feel pretty good about the car, I just missed out on the Fast 6 by about a tenth. The track changed a little bit in between groups, but I’m pretty happy. Starting 8th is pretty good, I have won here from 7th. We were fast on both red and black tires, it’s going to be a fun tomorrow! Qualifying really shows the pace everyone has. It’s not going to rain or be really crazy like it was when we were here in May. It should be a good race!”
• Rinus VeeKay also advanced to the second round of qualifying. Despite a red flag shortening Round 1, Group 2, he was still able to set the 3rd-fastest lap. In Round 2, he sat 8th at the end of the 10-minute session. As only the six fastest cars advance, 8th would become his starting position for the Gallagher Grand Prix.
• The IMS Road Course is home to many of VeeKay’s career milestones. In just the second race of his rookie season in 2020, VeeKay recorded his first Top 5 finish on the road course. When the NTT INDYCAR SERIES returned in October of that year, VeeKay earned his first pole position, led the first laps of his career and earned his first podium finish. In May 2021, he joined the ranks of race winners when he scored his first victory.
• Through the generosity of BitNile Holdings, Inc. (BitNile), ECR’s Bitcoin Racing Team will continue to grow in 2022. VeeKay is back in the No. 21 Bitcoin Racing Team Powered by BitNile Chevrolet, the same design he campaigned in this year’s Indy 500. Any individual who scans the unique QR code on the side of the No. 21 car and completes the registration will receive free Bitcoin from Earnity, a community-based crypto platform of which BitNile is a significant investor.
- Previous RACE PREVIEW: Gallagher Grand Prix at the IMS Road Course
- Next RACE NOTES: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course